New customers can take advantage of more benefits than ever before with the Wells Fargo Propel from American Express, such as earning 30K bonus points when spending $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months (that's a $300 cash redemption value)! In addition, this all-in-one card provides you with a prime opportunity to earn reward points on all purchases.
This would include 3X points for eating out and ordering in, 3X points for gas stations, rideshare and transit, 3X points for travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals as well as 1X points on other purchases. To top it all off, this card will come with NO ANNUAL FEE and 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and on qualifying balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee.
If what I have mentioned so far peaked your interest, then I'd recommend you continue reading for detailed descriptions!
If you're interested, find more offers from Wells Fargo, check out all the ongoing Checking/Savings account bonuses!
Table of Contents
Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card Summary
With the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card:
• Earn 30K bonus points when you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – that’s a $300 cash redemption value
• $0 Annual Fee
• Earn 3X points for eating out and ordering in
• Earn 3X points for gas stations, rideshares and transit
• Earn 3X points for travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
• Earn 1X points on other purchases
• 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
Earning The Wells Fargo Propel 30,000 Bonus Points
Take advantage of the Wells Fargo Propel's 30,000 bonus points introductory offer. This bonus equates to a $300 redemption value and is an excellent bonus considering it comes with no annual fee.
To qualify, charge at least $3,000 to your card within the first 3 months of opening your account. Though that may sound much, here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement:
• Plastiq: Plastiq allows you to pay for expenses that you generally won’t be able to with your card like rent, tuition, auto lease, mortgage payment, and more. There’s a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card. However, this’ll be worth the card bonus you’ll get. There’s also a referral program where you can earn “Fee-Free Dollars” to use towards processing fees. See our Plastiq review.
• Fund Checking accounts with your card: Many banks will allow you to fund the opening deposit with a credit card. Consider opening Checking accounts that also offer a sign-up bonus. This way, you can work towards bonuses from two different sources. Big banks like Chase, HSBC, Huntington, and TD Bank have great offers and allow credit card funding. You can generally fund anywhere from $50 to $1,000 towards the opening deposit with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Buy gift cards: Consider buying gift cards with your credit card that you can then spend later at your leisure. Individual merchant cards (restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, etc.) generally don’t have purchase fees, so this is a plus. On the other hand, American Express and Visa gift cards will have purchase fees. Amazon gift cards are a great idea as you can shop for almost anything there with no purchase fees either. Unfortunately, Citi credit cards tend to code gift card purchases as Cash Advances and there’ll be a fee. Call in to customer service and lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before purchasing gift cards. You can also buy discounted gift cards as well from Raise or find gift cards on eBay.
• Everyday spending & bills: Always using your credit card for everyday spending, such as for dining, gas, groceries, etc. You can also use your credit card to pay for things like insurance bills, property taxes and income taxes. However, you’ll have to consider the convenience fees.
Fixed Categories Reward Points
Enjoy earning extra points back at places where you shop often with the Wells Fargo Propel. For example, Wells Fargo gives you 3X points back on purchases made eating out and ordering in. There’s nothing better than eating out and earning points back while you do it.
As gas prices rise, anything to help save the cost of filling up is appreciated. Thus, this card also lets you earn 3X points at gas stations. Not only do you get points from gas, but you will also be rewarded for traveling! Wells Fargo will give you 3X points for flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals. You can collect these points and then use them to redeem them for rewards!
Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card currency is called “Go Far Rewards” points. Each point is worth a fixed 1 cent each. You can redeem your points for travel, gift cards, charity donations or cash back. No matter how you plan on redeeming your rewards, most redemptions will get 1 cent per point.
This means you can't get earn more out of your points with redemptions. However, you also don’t need to fret over award charts, award availability or calculate the best redemption value.
A much honorable perk from the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card is its cell phone protection. This benefit is also featured on several other Wells Fargo cards.
When you pay your bill with the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card, you can get up to $600 in protection against covered damage or theft. This is subject to a $25 deductible. That’s an impressive benefit for a card with no annual fee.
The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card also comes with standard purchase and travel protections. These include return protection, extended warranty coverage, coverage for lost or stolen items purchased with the card, travel accident insurance, lost baggage coverage and secondary car rental insurance in the US.
Every Day Purchase Reward Points
In addition to just fixed categories, the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card also allows you to earn points back on every day purchases. Whether you make a purchase outside of the 3X points categories, you can still earn 1X points for other purchase.
It's nice to be rewarded for just living life. You can pool your points earned from the fixed categories with the ever day purchase points to redeem a substantial reward.
Low APR Rate
For those looking for a low APR rate, the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card gives you quite a generous one. You get 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and on qualifying balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee.
The low APR rate on this card is great for those who carry a balance from month to month. Although we recommend that you pay off the balances to avoid paying interest at all.
No Annual Fee
The cost of annual fees can sneak up on you, but you don't have to worry about that with the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card because it doesn’t charge you anything despite it’s extensive benefits. Wells Fargo helps its customers by having a card with this many points back opportunities with $0 annual fee.
The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card is great for those looking for a lot of opportunities to earn points back. The Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card gives you plenty of opportunities to earn points, if you care to take advantage of them with no annual fee. This is a very well-rounded credit card that has benefits in every category. The more you spend, the more you earn!
If you like what this card has to offer, make sure to check it out. However, you can see our complete list of credit card promotions to find the card that best suits your needs.
(Visit Wells Fargo for more details)
Other Credit Cards To Consider
For Those Who Spend On Dining:
With the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card:
• Earn a one-time $300 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
• Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
• No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• Capital One cardholders get access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Learn More About This Card Here
For Those Who Spend On Gas:
With the Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card:
• Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
• 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
• 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
• Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
• Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
• Terms apply.
• See Rates & Fees
The information related to Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card has been collected by Bankcheckingsavings.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airline, or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airline, or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank has big value offers available through this Checking Accounts. In addition, they are offering an attractive rate for their Online Savings Account.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|