If you find yourself traveling with one specific airline, you should check if they offer any of the carrier’s co-branded credit cards. By signing up for these cards, you’ll be able to earn miles, additional perks, and better traveling experiences.
Check out our list of the best credit card offers here.
Read below for more information on what types of credit cards these airlines have to offer.
Table of Contents
Airline Credit Card Features
Pi8cking the best airline credit card for you can be a tough choice. However, here are some basics that you should be looking for before signing up for an airline credit card:
- Airline Loyalty. If you fly with one airline when you travel, or even if you fly with other carriers they will most likely offer travel cards. Co-branded credit cards will allow you to earn miles for a specific airline. Meanwhile, other cards will enable you to earn points for travel awards with several airlines.
- Bonus options. There are some cards that offer bonus points when you make transactions in specific categories. Choose a card that will let you earn as many rewards as you can in the category you tend to spend the most in.
- Annual Fees. Many credit cards come with overpriced annual fees. However, it also comes with many amazing features you can take advantage of as well. If you fly quite often, and maximize these perks to its fullest potential, the price of the card won’t be an issue. Keep in mind, this factor is not best for you if you only travel every now and then.
Here are other factors to keep in mind when searching for the right airline credit card:
- Welcome Bonus
- Earning potential
- Category bonuses
- Spending bonuses
- Elite Status perks
- Recurring benefits
Additionally, here are some guides you can follow for more tips and pointers on:
Best Airline Credit Cards
This is one of the better options because of their redemption flexibility. Additionally, you’ll be able to use your miles to “erase” your travel expenses with a fixed rate of $0.01 a mile. Not to mention, you have the choice to transfer your miles to one of their 15 transfer partners as well.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 75,000 Miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is a great option for beginners. This card will allow you to earn Chase Ultimate Rewards points that you can transfer. Plus, it comes with several great bonus options and the annual fee isn’t overpriced.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
This card is more suited for people that want a luxurious way to travel. Since it comes with many annual credits, VIP benefits, and other perks. However, it does come with a rather high annual fee to match the features this card comes with.
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 80,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
This card comes with an annual fee of $695 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
This is the best American Airlines rewards card. Since it comes with many bonuses for dining and gas categories, it even has travel perks as well. Furthermore, the main reason why so many people prefer this card is because it has a complimentary Admirals Club lounge access and 10k EQMs.
The Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite MasterCard® offers 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after making $5,000 in purchases in the first 3 months of account opening.
• 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
• 1 AAdvantage mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
• 1 Loyalty Point for every 1 eligible AAdvantage mile earned from purchases
This card comes with $450 annual fee, however, there are no foreign transaction fees. You can also save when traveling - first checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation.
On top of that, you'll get an Admirals Club® membership for you and access for up to two guests or immediate family members traveling with you.
The Delta SkyMiles Reserve card is their best rewards card catered to elite flyers. Additionally, you can receive annual companion certificates, access to Centurion Lounges, and Delta Sky Clubs. Not to mention, it comes with a super easy way for you to track your elite status and other perks.
The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card offers 50,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Earn up to 60,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) With Status Boost per year. You can earn 15,000 MQMs after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status.
You can earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases & 1X mile for every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
This card does come with a $550 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees. Seems hefty but perks like being able to check your first bag free on Delta flights. In addition, you can enjoy complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs for you when travelling on a Delta flight, complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge when you book a Delta flight with your Reserve Card., fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. (See Rates & Fees)
This is better for regular flyers since you get several different bonuses towards: hotels, restaurants, and supermarket transactions. Plus, it comes with other perks like annual companion certificate and more.
The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card offers 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Earn up to 20,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
You can earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels; 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets; 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
This card comes with a $250 Annual Fee, but for each round trip Delta flight, you can check your first bag for free and save up to $240. In addition, there is no foreign transaction fee. You'll also get fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®. (See Rates & Fees).
Now, this card from Delta SkyMiles is better for people who don’t fly as often as other people. Fortunately, it does come with the same bonuses as the Platinum American Express card and some travel benefits.
The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card offers 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
Earn now. Travel when you're ready. After you spend $10,000 in purchases in a calendar year, you will receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit on your Card to inspire your next travel.
• 2X Miles on Delta purchases at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets
• 1X mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
There is a $99 annual fee, however, there is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year (See Rates & Fees). Now, you'll get get more savings with your first checked bag for free on Delta flights.
This JetBlue Plus card is an amazing choice for JetBlue flyers. It comes with bonuses on categories such as restaurant and grocery purchases. Plus, it has a fast track to Mosaic elite status and other perks.
Currently, they have a welcome bonus of 50,000 TrueBlue bonus points when you spend about $1,000 in the first 90 days of opening the new card. Additionally, the value of this card will be worth about $520 in total. This card is designed to fit a JetBlue loyal flyer so they can earn great bonuses and points for award flights, seat upgrades, and more.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card is the best option for Southwest Airlines loyalists. You’ll be able to earn bonus points towards partner hotel and car rental transactions. Additionally, it comes with a fast-track to elite status and $75 in travel credit each year.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Priority Credit Card offers 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
In addition, you'll earn 7,500 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary each year.
• Earn 3X points on Southwest purchases.
• Earn 2X points on local transit and commuting, including rideshare.
• Earn 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming.
Some perks include $75 Southwest travel credit each year., receiving 4 Upgraded Boardings per year when available, savings of 25% back on in-flight drinks and WiFi, and more!
This card carries a $149 annual fee and no transaction fees.
The United Explorer Card is the best United Airlines rewards card. Plus, it has bonuses for hotel and restaurant purchases and other travel perks.
The United Explorer Card offers 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
• Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining, hotel stays, and United purchases
• Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on dining including eligible delivery services
Perks of this card include:
• Getting up to $100 Global Entry, TSA PreCheck or NEXUS fee credit
• Get your first bag checked for free (up to $140 savings per roundtrip). Terms apply.
• Get priority boarding perks & visit the United Club with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
• 25% back as a statement credit on purchases of food, beverages and Wi-Fi on board United-operated flights and on Club premium drinks
• Get one-year complimentary DashPass, a membership for both DoorDash and Caviar that provides unlimited deliveries with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders. After that, you are automatically enrolled in DashPass at the current monthly rate. Activate by 12/31/24.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee, however, the annual fee is waived for the first year.
Best No-Annual Fee Airline Credit Cards
With the best credit cards multiple airlines have to offer, you’ll be given a great ordeal of perks you can use. Additionally, some of those perks include: free bags, priority boarding, access to lounges, etc. But, with some of their overpriced annual fees, are some of those features worth the price?
If you’re new to these types of rewards, or if you want to gain miles rather than luxurious perks, low-cost co-branded cards is your go to. As, these airline credit cards won’t come with as many features, it also comes with cheaper fees.
|Credit Card||Welcome Bonus||Earning Rates|
|American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp℠ Mastercard®
(no annual fee)
|10k miles + $50 statement credit when you spend $500 within 3 months. ($190 value)||2x miles on AA purchases
2x miles at grocery stores
1x miles for anything else
|Delta SkyMiles® Blue American Express Card
(no annual fee)
|10k miles when you’ve spent about $500 in 3 months. ($120 value)||2x miles on Delta purchases
2x miles at restaurants
1x miles on everything else
|JetBlue Credit Card
(no annual fee)
|10k points for spending $1k in in about 90 days. ($130 value)||3x points on JetBlue purchases
2x points at restaurants
2x points at grocery stores
1x points for other purchases
Overall, there are a variety of airline rewards credit cards to choose from. If you want to make the most out of your money instead, looking for a travel rewards card will get you points that you can transfer in several ways.
Meanwhile, co-branded credit cards don’t usually come with the largest rewards for spending towards airlines. Fortunately, they do close the gap with the many features you can use.