Find new Betterment bonuses, promotions, and offers for trading stocks, ETFs, bonds, options and mutual funds here. Betterment and Wealthfront are the two most popular robo-advisors in automated investing.
Need a financial planner? Checkout SmartAsset, it’s free to use!
Betterment offers a good place to start for beginner investors as well as more experienced investors. They also are a lower cost alternative compared to hiring an investment advisor.
By using automation, they are able to maximize your return on investments while minimizing the risk that comes with investing in the market. Not only that, they also offer a powerful blend of goal-based tools, affordable management fees and no minimum account requirement.
Currently, qualified customers can get up to 1 year managed free with the current promotion.
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash & free trades||Review|
|Webull||2 Free stocks & free trades||Review|
|TD Ameritrade||$0 Commissions||Review|
Table of Contents
- 1 Betterment Investing Promotion: 12 Months Of Free Service
- 2 Betterment Checking: No-Fee Online Checking
- 3 Betterment Cash Reserve Rate Offer: 0.30% APY
- 4 Betterment $127.50 or 12,750 Sign-Up Bonus via Rakuten
- 5 Betterment Referral Bonus: Extra Free Year
- 6 Conclusion
Betterment Investing Promotion: 12 Months Of Free Service
Betterment, one of the best robo-advisors currently available, can give retirement advice as a fiduciary and has outstanding customer service. Currently, you can receive up to 12 months of free service from Betterment with an initial deposit of at least $15,000.
- You must fund at least the $15,000 initial deposit within 45 days of signup
- This promotion is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferable.
- Offer available to U.S. Residents only.
|Deposits within 45 days||Bonus Free Management|
|$15,000 – $99,999||1 Month Free|
|$100,000 – $249,999||6 Months Free|
|$250,000+||1 Year Free|
(No expiration date)
How To Earn The Bonus
- Commission-Free Trades for up to 90 Days Bonus:
- To qualify for 1 month free of management fees, you must fund an account with at least $15,000 within 45 days of signup.
- To qualify for 6 months free of management fees, you must fund an account with at least $100,000 within 45 days of signup.
- To qualify for one year free of management fees, you must fund an account with $250,000 within 45 days of signup.
Betterment is designed for you to have access to many automated options. Because the process is streamlined, it requires little day-to-day involvement. Compared to traditional investing options, it’s a “set it and forget it” option.
- Open multiple accounts for different needs. Have as many personal investing accounts as you want for different goals. No additional fees for new accounts.
- Select from multiple portfolio strategies for each goal. Select from one of Betterment’s four curated strategies, or create your own. All strategies can be customized to a desired risk level.
- Use advanced investing strategies to keep taxes in check. Unlike many traditional investment managers, Betterment automates advanced tax-saving strategies, like asset location and tax loss harvesting.
- Save time and worry with automated trading. Betterment personal investing accounts eliminate the need for manual trading. No deposits waiting weeks to be invested. No funds to buy manually.
- Compare your Betterment account to other accounts. Betterment gives details of your holdings, so that you can see how their portfolio recommendation differs from assets you might hold elsewhere.
- Sit back as they reinvest dividends and rebalance automatically. All Betterment accounts reinvest dividends automatically, which helps keep your portfolio on track through automated rebalancing.
- 0.25% – Digital Plan, No Minimum
- 0.40% – Plus Plan, $100,000 Minimum
- 0.50% – Premium Plan, $100,000 Minimum
Betterment Checking: No-Fee Online Checking
Betterment has a new checking account called Betterment Checking. It’s currently one of the top free Checking accounts available out there.
- All ATM and foreign fees reimbursed
- Tap-to-pay enable debit card
- FDIC-insured account up to $250,000
- No monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balances, and no overdraft fees
- Mobile Check Deposit is available for all Betterment Checking users
Betterment Cash Back Rewards
- Rewards with thousands of merchants
- Access to in-store and online offers so you can shop exactly how you want. In-store offers will automatically be linked to your Betterment Visa® debit card, and you can shop via the online or in-app cash back experience to redeem online offers.
- Betterment offers deals at both local and large-scale national merchants. There are even some merchants whose deals are valid overseas!
- Personalized offers based on spending history and location
- Betterment only want to show you offers that are relevant to you, so they’ll use your Betterment Checking transaction history to identify which offers those are. Your cash back offers will be unique to you, and the more you use your Betterment Visa® Debit Card the more personalized they will become.
- Not sure where to eat or shop? Share your location with Betterment and they’ll show you nearby in-store offers to help you choose.
- Notification of earned rewards
- Nobody enjoys watching money leave their account. That’s why Betterment will send near-realtime notifications when you make a qualifying transaction that earns you rewards. Money out, money in.
- Daily reward payouts
- Betterment will pay out rewards as soon as they can – no additional waiting periods or minimum reward balances. You can receive rewards multiple times per day, every day.
- Rewards automatically deposited back into customers’ Betterment Checking accounts
- You won’t have to lift a finger to transfer your rewards to your account. Cash back will be automatically deposited back into your Betterment Checking account(s) as it becomes available.
- Data security
(Visit to learn more)
Betterment Cash Reserve Rate Offer: 0.30% APY
- What you’ll get: 0.30% APY
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- How to earn it:
- Earn a variable rate up to 0.30% APY.
- A minimum deposit of $10 is required, but there is no minimum balance required to be maintained.
- Account Features:
- Eligible for FDIC insurance up to $1M
- Unlimited transfers in and out
- Cash Reserve has no fees on your account balance and no minimum balance
(Visit to learn more)
Betterment $127.50 or 12,750 Sign-Up Bonus via Rakuten
Rakuten is offering a $127/12,750 points when users open a new Betterment checking account and fund the account with $1.
Alternatively, you can open and invest $10 in a Cash Reserve or investing account to get the same bonus.
(Visit the link to learn more at Rakuten)
How To Earn The Bonus
- The Rakuten portal is offering $127/12,750 points if you open a new Betterment checking account and fund the account with $1.
- Or you can open a Cash Reserve or investing account and invest $10 and get the same bonus.
- Exclusion: Cash Back is only earned for a funded Betterment Checking, Cash Reserve or Investing account of at least $1.00 for checking products and $10.00 for Cash Reserve and investing products, and is not available for other Betterment products or current Betterment customers.
- Checking accounts and the Betterment Visa Debit Card provided and issued by nbkc bank, Member FDIC.
- Funds deposited into Checking will be eligible for up to $250,000 of FDIC insurance.
- Betterment Checking made available through Betterment Financial LLC.
- Neither Betterment Financial LLC, nor any of their affiliates, is a bank.
- Betterment Financial LLC reimburses ATM fees and the Visa 1% foreign transaction fee worldwide, everywhere Visa is accepted.
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Cash Reserve is only available to clients of Betterment LLC, which is not a bank, and cash transfers to program banks are conducted through the clients’ brokerage accounts at Betterment Securities.
- Investing involves risk and performance not guaranteed.
Betterment Referral Bonus: Extra Free Year
You can earn am extra free year of Betterment service through the referral offer, in addition to the initial free service promotion listed above!
(Visit to learn more)
How to Earn Bonus
- For every referral who funds, you get 30 days free, and each referral gets 3 months free
- When your first 3 referrals fund, you get an extra free year.
- Once you have referred five Qualifying New Accounts (and received the associated fee waivers), you will no longer be eligible for future fee waivers. Even when you are not eligible to receive a fee waiver, you will be permitted to send invites to friends and they will be eligible to receive fee waivers through the Betterment Refer a Friend Program.
If you already have a current Betterment account, find your referral link using the interface after logging in. If you don’t yet have an account with Betterment, be sure to get some referrals going after signing up.
- Subject to the limitations above, a “Qualifying New Account” is a new individual Betterment account opened by your Betterment referee friend using the special designated link from your invitation, which your referee friend funds with an initial deposit, provided that the initial deposit is not withdrawn for 90 days. Betterment is not responsible for incorrect entry or other failure on the part of your referee to meet the standards of a Qualifying New Account.
- Employer-sponsored retirement accounts provided through Betterment for Business are not Qualifying New Accounts. If you are a participant in your employer’s retirement plan through Betterment for Business, and also have a personal Betterment account, only your personal account will receive fee waivers under the Betterment Refer a Friend Program. Accounts advised through the Betterment for Advisors platform are also not Qualifying New Accounts or eligible for fee waivers through this program, and if you become advised through the Betterment for Advisors platform during a period in which Betterment is waiving the fees applicable to your account under the Refer a Friend program, Betterment will not waive any fees following such date. This promotion does not apply to any fees charged by an advisor you are matched with through the Betterment Advisor Network.
- This promotion is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferrable. Offer available to U.S. residents only. Betterment reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time for any reason, to limit the amount of account bonuses you are eligible to receive, and to refuse or recover any promotion award if Betterment determines that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, that any rules or regulations would be violated, or that any terms of the Betterment Account Agreements have been violated.
Perfect for a wide range of investors, Betterment currently offers up to 1 year of free service. It has no minimum deposit and costs 0.25% annually. If you need assistance, you can contact human advisors who can assist with your retirement account for a fee. Unfortunately, Betterment’s asset allocation excludes REITs or commodities.
This robo-advisor is a good starting point for beginner investors and a useful platform for more advanced investors. If you’re looking for other options, you can see our list of the best robo-advisors we recommend. In addition, you may want to check out our full list of broker bonuses to sign up for bonuses when applying for a new account.