The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Card offers an impressive and unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% back at grocery stores, and 1% back on everything else, for an annual fee of $95 (waived the first year).
New applicants can earn a one-time $300 cash bonus after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
Transferable point currencies, such as American Express Membership Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards, are still the best way to get the best value out of your credit card rewards. However, there’s an increase in cash back rewards cards offering more competitive bonus categories. The Capital One Savor is one of them. This card is best for those who want to increase rewards earned on categories they use the most but don’t want to put a lot of time into maximizing redemptions.
The 4% cash back is the one of the highest cash back amounts currently offered on dining and entertainment. Plus, it just so happens to be the two categories many spend a significant amount on. It may be best to hop on it if the Capital One Savor card can help you save a little more out of those purchases.
For more offers from Capital One, check out all the ongoing Checking/Savings account bonuses!
Table of Contents
Capital One Savor Rewards Credit Card Summary
|Bonus Available||$300 cash when you spend $3,000 within the first 3 months|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
|Annual Fee||Waived first year; $95 annually|
Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card Bonus
A $300 sign-up bonus is pretty high value offer for such a card. To compare it to other great sign-up bonuses, see our list of credit card promotions and their reviews.
In order to earn the $300 bonus, you’ll need to spend at least $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening. This high spending requirement is expected for a big bonus offer.
If you need help reach that $3,000 spending requirement, here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirements:
With the Capital One Savor, cash back rewards are easy to redeem. One dollar is always worth one dollar, and there’s no minimum redemption amount.
Redeem your cash back for statement credit, check or for gift cards and charitable donations. It’s best to redeem for a check or statement credit to get the maximum worth out of your rewards.
If you want to purchase gift cards or donate to charity, you should put those purchases on your credit card to earn more points. Then, use the cash back rewards to pay your bills.
Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Card Benefits
Cash back earned has no maximum caps and there are no rotating categories to be concerned about. Plus, your cash back will never expire, and there’s no minimum threshold to redeem your earnings.
The Capital One Savor aims to appeal to consumers by offering unlimited cash back. Cardholders can earn 4% back on dining, 4% back on entertainment, and 2% back at grocery store. All other purchases earn 1% back.
The most noteworthy bonus is the 4% back on dining and entertainment.
Other Cardholder Perks
The Capital One Savor gives you access to travel and shopping benefits. These include extended warranty coverage, 24-hour travel assistance, auto rental collision damage waiver, travel accident insurance, and fraud coverage. Here are other great services you can take advantage of:
- World Elite Hotels & Resorts Portfolio: Get complimentary discounts and benefits at over 900 hotel properties, including Starwood, Hyatt, InterContinental, and more. When available, these benefits include:
- Room upgrade
- Early check-in
- Late check-out
- Complimentary daily breakfast for two
- A special World Elite amenity that varies by property
- Mastercard Airport Concierge: Get a 15% discount on a variety of airport meet & greet services. The basic concierge experience consists of:
- A welcoming by a Meet & Greet representative when you arrive at the airport
- An escort for expedited check-in and security screening, where available
- Assistance with visas or other documentation
- Assistance with inter-terminal transportation and other needs
- An escort to the curb or the aircraft gate, depending on where you’re going
- Additional services may be offered for a fee, depending on availability at the airport.
- World Elite Air Program: Get a selection of upgrades and discounts when using your card to purchase tickets from participating airlines. Participating airlines include Aer Lingus, Aeromexico, Austrian, Etihad, LATAM Airlines, Lufthansa, and Virgin Atlantic.
- Postmates Unlimited: Get a statement credit reimbursement for a $9.99 monthly membership fee for Postmates. With Postmates Unlimited, you get $0 delivery fees on orders over $15. You’ll also never pay blitz pricing or get hit with minimum basket fees. Plus, you’ll get access to unique member experiences. Valid through December, 2019.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: Take this card on your overseas vacation and continue earning cash back without paying a foreign transaction fee.
Capital One Savor FAQ
What counts as dining?
Purchases at restaurants, cafes, bars, lounges, fast-food chains and bakeries.
What counts as entertainment?
Buying tickets to a movie, play, concert, sporting event, tourist attraction, theme park, aquarium, zoo, dance club, pool hall or bowling alley. Also, making purchases at record store and video rental locations. This excludes non-industry entertainment merchant codes like cable, digital streaming, and subscription services.
What counts as a grocery store?
A supermarket, meat locker, freezer, dairy product store and specialty market. Excludes superstores like Walmart and Target.
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Card is one of the best cards for dining and entertainment spending. Cardholders receive 4% cash back on dining, essentially anywhere that serves food. Plus, earn 4% cash back on the broad category of entertainment. And, just about any grocery store or supermarket except Walmart and Target earns 2% cash back at grocery stores.
Another thing to consider is that it doesn’t incur any foreign transaction fees when using it outside the U.S. Though there are travel credit cards that may have a better earning rate, this is a card you can take with you when you travel.
If you don’t enjoy the annual fee that’s waived the first year, you may want to consider the no-annual-fee version of this card: the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card.
If you travel often and dine out, you’ll be better off with other card choices that have higher earning potential for both categories of spending like the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard, though it does have an annual fee.
Those who aren’t heavy spenders on Dining, Entertainment and at Grocery Stores can find several credit cards with no annual fee that earn 1.5% on all purchases like the Capital One QuickSilver Cash Rewards Credit Card and Chase Freedom Unlimited.
However, if you have other spending needs, check out our list of Credit Card Promotions to find the card that best suits you.