The Capital One® SavorSM Cash Rewards Credit Card offers an impressive and unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% back at grocery stores, and 1% back on everything else, for an annual fee of $95 (waived the first year).
New applicants can earn a one-time $300 cash bonus after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
Transferable point currencies, such as American Express Membership Rewards and Chase Ultimate Rewards, are still the best way to get the best value out of your credit card rewards. However, there’s an increase in cash back rewards cards offering more competitive bonus categories. The Capital One Savor is one of them. This card is best for those who want to increase rewards earned on categories they use the most but don’t want to put a lot of time into maximizing redemptions.
The 4% cash back is the one of the highest cash back amounts currently offered on dining and entertainment. Plus, it just so happens to be the two categories many spend a significant amount on. It may be best to hop on it if the Capital One Savor card can help you save a little more out of those purchases.
For more offers from Capital One, check out all the ongoing Checking/Savings account bonuses!
Table of Contents
Capital One Savor Rewards Credit Card Summary
With the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card:
• Earn a one-time $300 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
• Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
• No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• Capital One cardholders get access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that
Earning The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards $300 Bonus
A $300 sign-up bonus is pretty high value offer for such a card. To compare it to other great sign-up bonuses, see our list of credit card promotions and their reviews.
To earn the bonus, spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. This high spending requirement is expected for such a big bonus offer. Therefore, if you can’t make it, here are some ideas to meet it:
• Plastiq: Plastiq allows you to pay for expenses that you generally won’t be able to with your card like rent, tuition, auto lease, mortgage payment, and more. There’s a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card. However, this’ll be worth the card bonus you’ll get. There’s also a referral program where you can earn “Fee-Free Dollars” to use towards processing fees. See our Plastiq review.
• Fund Checking accounts with your card: Many banks will allow you to fund the opening deposit with a credit card. Consider opening Checking accounts that also offer a sign-up bonus. This way, you can work towards bonuses from two different sources. Big banks like Chase, HSBC, Huntington, and TD Bank have great offers and allow credit card funding. You can generally fund anywhere from $50 to $1,000 towards the opening deposit with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Buy gift cards: Consider buying gift cards with your credit card that you can then spend later at your leisure. Individual merchant cards (restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, etc.) generally don’t have purchase fees, so this is a plus. On the other hand, American Express and Visa gift cards will have purchase fees. Amazon gift cards are a great idea as you can shop for almost anything there with no purchase fees either. Unfortunately, Citi credit cards tend to code gift card purchases as Cash Advances and there’ll be a fee. Call in to customer service and lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before purchasing gift cards. You can also buy discounted gift cards as well from Raise or find gift cards on eBay.
• Everyday spending & bills: Always using your credit card for everyday spending, such as for dining, gas, groceries, etc. You can also use your credit card to pay for things like insurance bills, property taxes and income taxes. However, you’ll have to consider the convenience fees.
Earn 4% Cash Back on Dining & Entertainment
The Capital One Savor aims to appeal to consumers by offering unlimited cash back. Cardholders can earn 4% back on dining, 4% back on entertainment, and 2% back at grocery store. All other purchases earn 1% back.
The most noteworthy bonus is the 4% back on dining and entertainment.
Cash back earned has no maximum caps and there are no rotating categories to be concerned about. Plus, your cash back will never expire, and there’s no minimum threshold to redeem your earnings.
With the Capital One Savor, cash back rewards are easy to redeem. One dollar is always worth one dollar, and there’s no minimum redemption amount.
Redeem your cash back for statement credit, check or for gift cards and charitable donations. It’s best to redeem for a check or statement credit to get the maximum worth out of your rewards.
If you want to purchase gift cards or donate to charity, you should put those purchases on your credit card to earn more points. Then, use the cash back rewards to pay your bills.
The Capital One Savor gives you access to travel and shopping benefits. These include extended warranty coverage, 24-hour travel assistance, auto rental collision damage waiver, travel accident insurance, and fraud coverage. Here are other great services you can take advantage of:
- World Elite Hotels & Resorts Portfolio: Get complimentary discounts and benefits at over 900 hotel properties, including Starwood, Hyatt, InterContinental, and more. When available, these benefits include:
- Room upgrade
- Early check-in
- Late check-out
- Complimentary daily breakfast for two
- A special World Elite amenity that varies by property
- Mastercard Airport Concierge: Get a 15% discount on a variety of airport meet & greet services. The basic concierge experience consists of:
- A welcoming by a Meet & Greet representative when you arrive at the airport
- An escort for expedited check-in and security screening, where available
- Assistance with visas or other documentation
- Assistance with inter-terminal transportation and other needs
- An escort to the curb or the aircraft gate, depending on where you’re going
- Additional services may be offered for a fee, depending on availability at the airport.
- World Elite Air Program: Get a selection of upgrades and discounts when using your card to purchase tickets from participating airlines. Participating airlines include Aer Lingus, Aeromexico, Austrian, Etihad, LATAM Airlines, Lufthansa, and Virgin Atlantic.
- Postmates Unlimited: Get a statement credit reimbursement for a $9.99 monthly membership fee for Postmates. With Postmates Unlimited, you get $0 delivery fees on orders over $15. You’ll also never pay blitz pricing or get hit with minimum basket fees. Plus, you’ll get access to unique member experiences. Valid through December, 2019.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: Take this card on your overseas vacation and continue earning cash back without paying a foreign transaction fee.
Capital One Savor FAQ
What counts as dining?
Purchases at restaurants, cafes, bars, lounges, fast-food chains and bakeries.
What counts as entertainment?
Buying tickets to a movie, play, concert, sporting event, tourist attraction, theme park, aquarium, zoo, dance club, pool hall or bowling alley. Also, making purchases at record store and video rental locations. This excludes non-industry entertainment merchant codes like cable, digital streaming, and subscription services.
What counts as a grocery store?
A supermarket, meat locker, freezer, dairy product store and specialty market. Excludes superstores like Walmart and Target.
The Capital One® SavorSM Cash Rewards Credit Card is one of the best cards for dining and entertainment spending. Cardholders receive 4% cash back on dining, essentially anywhere that serves food. Plus, earn 4% cash back on the broad category of entertainment. And, just about any grocery store or supermarket except Walmart and Target earns 2% cash back at grocery stores.
Another thing to consider is that it doesn’t incur any foreign transaction fees when using it outside the U.S. Though there are travel credit cards that may have a better earning rate, this is a card you can take with you when you travel.
If you don’t enjoy the annual fee that’s waived the first year, you may want to consider the no-annual-fee version of this card: the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card.
If you travel often and dine out, you’ll be better off with other card choices that have higher earning potential for both categories of spending like the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®, though it does have an annual fee.
Those who aren’t heavy spenders on Dining, Entertainment and at Grocery Stores can find several credit cards with no annual fee that earn 1.5% on all purchases like the Capital One QuickSilver Cash Rewards Credit Card and Chase Freedom Unlimited.
However, if you have other spending needs, check out our list of Credit Card Promotions to find the card that best suits you.
Learn more about this card and find out how you can apply here.
Other Credit Cards To Consider
Rewards Cards With A Similar Annual Fee:
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Learn More About This Card Here
With the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express:
• Earn a $250 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
• Earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
• Earn 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
• 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations. 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
• Over 1.6 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2018.
• Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 15.24% to 26.24%
• $95 annual fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
With the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card:
• Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
• Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
• Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
• Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
• Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
No Annual Fee Options:
With the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express:
• Earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%).
• 2% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores, 1% back on other purchases.
• Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 15.24% to 26.24%.
• You spoke, we listened. Over 1.6 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2018.
• Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
• No annual fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
With the Chase Freedom® Card:
• Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
• 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%.
• 3% intro balance transfer fee when you transfer a balance during the first 60 days your account is open, with a minimum of $5.
• No annual fee
• Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
• Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
With the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card:
• One-time $150 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
• No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
• 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that
• 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months
• Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank has big value offers available through this Checking Accounts. In addition, they are offering an attractive rate for their Online Savings Account.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|