If you’re a heavy spender on dining, entertainment, and groceries, the Capital One® SavorSM Cash Rewards Credit Card will certainly be of interest to you!
With the Capital One® SavorSM Cash Rewards Credit Card, you can earn an unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases.
On top of the fantastic cash back rewards, you can earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening! If you spend heavily in these categories, this card will definitely reward you!
Table of Contents
Capital One Savor Rewards Credit Card Summary
|With the Capital One® SavorSM Cash Rewards Credit Card:
-Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
-Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
-No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
-No foreign transaction fees
-Capital One cardholders get access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
-$0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that
Earning Cash Back
Earn an unlimited 4% cash back when you use this card on your dining and entertainment purchases. Dining includes purchases at restaurants, fast-food places, coffee shops, cafes, lounges, bakeries, bars, nightclubs and more.
Entertainment includes tickets purchased for a movie, play, concert, sporting event, tourist attraction, theme park, aquarium, zoo, dance club, pool hall or bowling alley, as well as purchases at record stores or video rental locations. This doesn’t include purchases like cable, digital streaming or subscription services.
Grocery store purchases earn you 2% cash back. Grocery stores include supermarkets, dairy product stores, specialty market, and meat lockers.
Then, earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
As long as your account is kept open, your rewards do not expire.
Redeeming Cash Back
Redeem your cash back as statement credit, check, gift cards, or as charitable donations. When you redeem as check or statement credit, one dollar will always be worth one dollar. There’s also no minimum redemption amount. Thus, you can cash out your reward on the Capital One Savor as frequently as you can to get that money back into your checking or savings account.
If you want to purchase gift cards or donate to charity, it’s best to purchase those through your credit card to earn more points. Then you can use the cash back rewards to pay your bills.
The Capital One Savor gives you access to travel and shopping benefits. These include extended warranty coverage, 24-hour travel assistance, auto rental collision damage waiver, travel accident insurance, and fraud coverage. Here are other great services you can take advantage of:
- World Elite Hotels & Resorts Portfolio: Get complimentary discounts and benefits at over 900 hotel properties, including Starwood, Hyatt, InterContinental, and more. When available, these benefits include:
- Room upgrade
- Early check-in
- Late check-out
- Complimentary daily breakfast for two
- A special World Elite amenity that varies by property
- Mastercard Airport Concierge: Get a 15% discount on a variety of airport meet & greet services. The basic concierge experience consists of:
- A welcoming by a Meet & Greet representative when you arrive at the airport
- An escort for expedited check-in and security screening, where available
- Assistance with visas or other documentation
- Assistance with inter-terminal transportation and other needs
- An escort to the curb or the aircraft gate, depending on where you’re going
- Additional services may be offered for a fee, depending on availability at the airport.
- World Elite Air Program: Get a selection of upgrades and discounts when using your card to purchase tickets from participating airlines. Participating airlines include Aer Lingus, Aeromexico, Austrian, Etihad, LATAM Airlines, Lufthansa, and Virgin Atlantic.
- Postmates Unlimited: Get a statement credit reimbursement for a $9.99 monthly membership fee for Postmates. With Postmates Unlimited, you get $0 delivery fees on orders over $15. You’ll also never pay blitz pricing or get hit with minimum basket fees. Plus, you’ll get access to unique member experiences. Valid through December, 2019.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: Take this card on your overseas vacation and continue earning cash back without paying a foreign transaction fee.
For those who go out often, the Capital One® SavorSM Cash Rewards Credit Card offers above average cash back rewards on the dining, entertainment, and grocery categories! It does prove itself to be rather centralized for those of you that put a daily spending on dining and groceries alone. This card unveils it’s utmost affordability to it’s customers.
Bottom line, it will earn you what Capital One deems their World Elite status. These include perks like identity theft services, complimentary concierge service, price protection, trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel/baggage delay accident insurance, and the like. There is an annual fee of $95, but, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year! The benefits of this card alone far outweigh the annual fee! For more card options, see our complete list of Credit Card Promotions!
Learn more about this card and find out how you can apply here.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airline, or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airline, or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.