Find the latest Chase SapphireSM Checking bonuses, coupons, and offers here.
The Chase SapphireSM Checking account is now offering a $1,000 cash bonus. This is Chase Bank’s checking product with high-tier benefits. You’ll need to maintain an average of at least $75,000 in monthly combined balances to avoid the $25 monthly fee
For more Chase Checking coupons, definitely take a look at our list of Chase Bank checking offers.
Table of Contents
Chase Sapphire℠ Checking $1,000 Cash Bonus
Enjoy a $1,000 checking bonus when you join Chase SapphireSM Banking. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $75,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, and maintain the balance for at least 90 days.
- What you’ll get: $1,000 Checking Bonus
- Eligible account: Chase SapphireSM checking account
- Credit inquiry: Soft pull, which does not affect your credit
- Where it’s available: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV (Bank Locator)
- How to earn it: Open a new Chase SapphireSM checking account and complete the opening deposit. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $75,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible personal checking, savings and/or investment accounts, (excludes: Any J.P. Morgan retirement accounts and CDs) and maintain that balance for 90 days.
- When you’ll receive it: After all requirements are met, you’ll receive the bonus deposited into your your Chase Sapphire card within 10 business days.
- Monthly fee: $25, see below on how to waive
How To Earn The $1,000 Bonus
- Open or upgrade to a new Sapphire Banking relationship and transfer a minimum of $75,000 in new qualifying deposits and/or investments to Chase
- Deposit funds into the account within 45 days and maintain that balance for at least 90 days
- Once these requirements are met, Chase will credit the $1,000 bonus to your account within 10 days.
- Enjoy a $1,000 welcome bonus when you join SapphireSM Banking. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $75,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible personal checking, savings and/or investment accounts, (excludes any J.P. Morgan retirement accounts and CDs) and maintain that balance for 90 days.
- Enjoy a new kind of banking experience
- No ATM fees worldwide – down the street or around the globe
- Perks that add up – relationship rates, special access and help when you need it
- Open online in minutes
- Email my upgrade code
- Available in: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV
- Chase SapphireSM checking account: Sapphire BankingSM requires an average balance of $75,000+ in eligible deposits/investments to waive the $25 monthly fee.
- Offer not available to existing Chase Sapphire Banking and Chase Private Client customers.
- Interest rates are variable and subject to change.
- Additionally, fees may reduce earnings on the account.
- You can only participate in one Sapphire Checking, Chase Private Client Checking or You Invest new money bonus on a 12 month period.
- Coupon is good for one time use.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable)
How Do I Apply?
Whether you apply online or in branch, you’ll need to provide the following info to open an account:
- Date of birth
- Government-issued ID
- Social security number — or passport for foreign applicants
- Income information
You can open a Chase Sapphire Checking account online or at a local Chase branch. If you choose to open an account in person, make sure to bring your government-issued ID and a second form of identification. Follow these steps to apply online:
- Visit the Chase website and click Checking accounts.
- Click Open now under Chase Sapphire Checking.
- Fill in your personal information including your name, address and Social Security number, then click Next.
- Once your application is complete, you’ll need to fund the account.
- After your initial deposit has been made, you can submit your application.
Chase SapphireSM Checking Pros & Cons
- Earn interest – Unlike many other checking accounts, this account pays interest.
- Minimal fees – You won’t be charged non-Chase ATM fees, extended overdraft fees, stop payment fees, incoming or outgoing wire transfer fees and more.
- Sapphire Banking Debit Card – This account comes with a Sapphire Banking Debit Card with chip technology, providing convenience and security. You’ll also enjoy access to higher ATM and purchase limits than you would with Chase’s other checking account debit cards.
- Convenient deposit methods – This account allows you to deposit money at branches, ATMs, by mail, online or through its mobile app using Chase QuickDeposit.
- Security – Chase is the largest financial institution in the US and holds the highest long-term financial ratings by all three major ratings agencies. Plus, deposits up to $250,000 are covered by FDIC deposit insurance and you’ll have access to 24/7 priority customer service.
- Bill pay – You can use online bill pay to make one-time or recurring payments for free if you make it the primary account for online bill payment.
- Monthly service fee – The Chase Sapphire Checking account comes with a $25 monthly service fee, which can be waived if you have an average beginning day balance of at least $75,000 in this account and linked qualifying checking, savings and investment accounts.
- Insufficient funds fees – You’re allowed four fee-free insufficient funds or returned item occurrences every year. After that, you’ll be charged $34 for each debit card purchase that overdraws your account — with a maximum of three per day. This fee doesn’t apply if:
- Your account balance at the end of the business day is overdrawn by $5 or less.
- The transaction was for $5 or less, even if your end-of-day balance is overdrawn.
- You made a withdrawal at an ATM.
- Limited availability – Although Chase has nearly 5,000 branches, it only operates in 28 states and Washington, DC.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide; 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
Learn More About This Card Here
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® offers 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
You'll earn 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. When redeeming your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 50% more value.
This card does carry a $450 annual fee and there are no foreign transaction fees. However, you're able to earn a $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year & up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
Learn More About This Card Here
If you are interested, join Chase Sapphire Banking and experience no fees on everyday banking and perks that add up. You wll be able to earn rewards that you can use on your flights, cash back, and more! The Chase Sapphire Checking account comes with a number of benefits, including priority customer service around the clock.
In addition, the relaxed fee schedule allows you to avoid ATM fees, extended overdraft charges and more. However, if you don’t hold a balance of at least $75,000, you’ll need to pay a monthly service fee. If you are looking for an account with higher interest, be sure to check out our list of Best Bank Rates.
You can also stack this offer with any of Chase’s Sapphire cards or Freedom card. So, if you haven’t applied for either of them, here’s an opportunity to do so to earn even more Ultimate Rewards points! Chase credit cards have welcome offers that you may be interested on our Best Credit Card Promotions listing or by looking at the requirements above. Once you meet the Chase Sapphire or Chase Freedom requirements, you can apply for the Chase Sapphire Checking account to earn your bonus points.
However, if this is not for you, be sure to check out our complete list of Best Bank Bonuses for all your banking needs! Check back often for all the latest Chase Sapphire Banking bonuses and coupons.
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$1,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit||$360 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||$300 Cash||Review|