Citibank and US Bank are both very well known banks in America. Citibank has over 700 branches across the US, while US Bank has over 3,000. Both of these banks offer a wide variety of products from checking to savings accounts, so you can be sure to find one that fits what you’re looking for.
Be sure to keep reading to learn more about Citibank and US Bank to find out which one is a better fit for you. Below you will see a side-by-side comparison of the two banks.
|Locations||700 Citibank branches across 13 states (Locator)||More than 3,000 branches across 26 states (Locator)|
|ATMs||2400 ATMs across the country. Also works at all MoneyPass ATMs||More than 4,700 ATMs across the country|
|Bottom Line||Citibank is offers credit cards and banking services, but it’s more geared towards people who have high balances in their deposit account.||US Bank offers a wide array of services and many account options.|
US Bank Promotions
- Easy Checking: Personal checking with basic banking must-haves
- Gold Checking: Extra benefits for U.S. Bank credit card and loan customers
- Platinum Checking: Top-tier checking with competitive rates and all the perks
- Student Checking: Personal checking with features just for students
- Safe Debit Account: A bank account minus the checks with no overdraft fees
- Platinum Select Money Market: Exclusive savings account for our Platinum Checking Package customers
- Package Money Market Savings: Competitive savings account rates only for Gold Checking Package customers
- Elite Money Market Account: Earn more interest on high balance accounts
- Standard Savings Account: Basic savings ideal for low balances and first-time savers
- Citigold Account Package: A Citigold relationship opens the door to Citi’s highest level of professional service, financial guidance and exclusive benefits.
- Citi Priority Account Package: A Citi Priority relationship includes integrated servicing, support for your financial needs, on-demand guidance and a breadth of pricing and lifestyle benefits.
- Citi Accelerate Savings. There is no limit on earnings and no minimum opening deposit required to earn this amazing rate.
Overall, if you choose either of these banks, you’ll be sure to get a great banking experience. US Bank is good if you need access to customer service at irregular hours. However, Citibank is good if you have a high balance and want access to more branches and ATMs.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||1.00% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||0.95% APY||Review|