Take advantage of the latest General Electric Credit Union bonuses, promotions and offers here.
Currently, they are offering a $350 bonus for opening a new checking account.
Table of Contents
General Electric Credit Union Bonuses Review
Chartered in 1954 for employees of General Electric Aircraft Engines, they’ve grown to one of the largest credit unions in the state of Ohio. General Electric Credit Union is a not-for-profit, full-service financial institution, which means they put people before profit.
- Bonus Links:
- Account Type: Simply Free, Choice, or Amplified High-Yield Checking Account
- Availability: IN, KY, OH
- Branches: 13 (Branch Locator)
- Hard/Soft Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Direct Deposit Options: Unknown. Let us know!
While these bank promotions are rather attractive, you can also take advantage of our list of Savings, Money Market, and CD rates.
However, if you do not live in Indiana, Kentucky, or Ohio, definitely take a look at our bank bonuses page to find other offers. Some popular bank offers include Chase Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, HSBC Bank and many more.
I’ll review General Electric Credit Union below.
General Electric Credit Union $350 Checking Bonus
General Electric Credit Union include a $350 bonus when you open a new Free Account.
- What you’ll get: $350 Bonus
- Eligible account:Simply Free, Choice, or Amplified High-Yield Checking Account
- Credit inquiry: Soft pull
- Where it’s available: IN, KY, OH
- How to earn it:
- Open a Checking Account.
- Use your debit card
- When you’ll receive it: 5% matched every month
- Monthly fee: There are no monthly services
(No expiration date listed)
|Compare this savings account to alternatives like Aspiration ($100 Bonus + 1.00% APY), American Express® High Yield Savings Account (0.40% APY as of 3/11/21)*, Axos Bank High Yield Savings (0.61% APY), and CIT Bank Savings Connect (Up to 0.50% APY).
*The following offer is from our partner American Express. The opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
How To Earn $350 Bonus
- Open a Simply Free, Choice, or Amplified High-Yield Checking.
- Activate your debit card and start using it.
- Every time you use your GECU debit card, GECU will round your purchase up to the nearest whole dollar and transfer that amount from your checking account to the GECU savings account.
- Every month GECU will also match 5% of those rounded-up funds to $350 a year.
- Mobile Deposit
- Web BillPay
- Money Management, personal finance management tool
- Account alerts and Text Banking
- Simply Free Checking: There are no monthly fees with this account .
- Choice Checking: $10 monthly fee. To waive this fee, you need a $500 average daily balance.
- Amplified High-Yield Checking: $15 monthly fee. To waive this fee, you need a $1,500 average daily balance.
- The Round-Up Program is only available to: Simply Free, Choice, or Amplified High-Yield Checking account holders.
- Match will be paid on eligible funds in member’s chosen account at the end of the month.
- Match is reportable on IRS Form 1099.
- The annual match limit is $350.
If you are interested, make sure to check out General Electric Credit Union to learn more about the current $350 Bonus. Simply meet the requirements above and you will be able to start a new banking experience!
Feel free to comment on this post with any questions you may have about General Electric Credit Union, their accounts they offer, or any experiences you have had!
Check back often for more General Electric Credit Union Promotions, or Offers!