Bankcheckingsavings has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Bankcheckingsavings and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Enjoy earning rewards for Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton and SPG with the new Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM Credit Card, formerly the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card.
With this card, you can earn 75,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Cardholders earn 6X points per $1 spent at 6,900 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels. Then, earn 2X points per $1 spent on all other purchases.
For those who like staying at the Marriott, The Ritz-Carolton, and SPG family of hotels, this is a great travel rewards card.
Table of Contents
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card Summary
Earning Bonvoy Points
The Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM Credit Card earns 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for every $1 spent at over 6,900 participating Marriott Bonvoy properties worldwide, with no caps or restrictions.
Purchases made at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines earn 3 points per $1 spent.
All other purchases earn an unlimited 2 Bonvoy points per $1 spent.
Points don’t expire as long as you make a purchase with your card every 24 months.
It’s best to redeem your Marriott Bonvoy points for free hotel nights and room upgrades.
Free night redemption minimums start at 7,500 points for budget-friendly Category 1 hotels and go up to 85,000 points for high-end Category 8 hotels. Exact point requirements vary based on season and demand. You can also use Points + Cash if you don’t have enough points for free room night redemptions.
Redemption values vary based on the cash price of the room or upgrade, as well as season and demand. However, it can range up to $0.025.
You can also use your points to redeem for airfare and car rental purchases with participating travel partners.
Anniversary Free Night
Each year you remain a cardholder in good standing, you get one free hotel night. The free night shows up on your card membership anniversary date and can be redeemed at any time within the following 12 months.
Free nights are good at properties with redemption rates up to 35,000 points per night.
Qualifying Nights Toward Elite Status
Automatically enjoy Marriott Silver Elite status with your Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card. Just remain a cardmember in good standing to keep it. This status normally requires 10 qualifying nights per year.
Silver Elite Status gives you a number of benefits, including a 20% bonus on all points earned for paid stays. You also receive flexible check-in/check-out hours, a 10% discount on weekend stays and hotel gift shop purchases.
When you spend at least $35,000 in eligible purchases in a calendar year, you qualify for Gold Elite Status. Gold Elite Status gives you a 25% bonus on all points earned for paid stays, guaranteed lounge access, guaranteed room types, and room upgrades where available.
You’ll also earn qualifying nights toward higher Elite Status levels for paid stays at Marriott properties.
The Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM Credit Card entitles you to a number of travel benefits like complimentary loss and damage coverage on rental cars, 24/7 roadside assistance, 24/7 global assistance, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance. Purchase benefits include purchase protection, extended warranties, and return protection. As long as you’re a cardholder in good-standing, you’ll receive:
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status: Enjoy complimentary Gold Elite Status in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program. Gold Elite Status benefits include:
- Flexible checkout times
- Complimentary room upgrades when available
- 25% more Bonvoy point earnings on stays at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties
- Platinum Elite Status Upgrade: Qualify for a complimentary upgrade to Platinum Elite Status after making at least $75,000 in eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year. Platinum Elite benefits include:
- 50% more Bonvoy point earnings on stays at participating properties
- A welcome gift at check-in
- Complimentary on-site lounge access where available
- Enhanced room upgrades where available
- Elite Night Credit: Primary cardholders receive a maximum of 15 Elite Night credits to use with paid stays toward higher status levels.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access With Priority Pass Select: Enjoy complimentary airport lounge access through the Priority Pass Select membership program. Lounge policies vary by location and are subject to change. Membership generally entitles the primary cardholder and two ticketed companions to complimentary access during open hours. Additional guests may be permitted for a discounted fee.
- Annual Free Night Award: Get one free night award after your account anniversary at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties. You can redeem a maximum of 50,000 points per night. Some resort properties charge resort fees that aren’t included in the free night award.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Application Fee Discount: Enjoy a statement credit once every four years against the full cost of the application fee for either Global Entry ($100 value) or TSA PreCheck ($85 value). Terms and conditions apply.
- Free WiFi: Get a free premium in-room WiFi at all participating Bonvoy properties. Also get complimentary, unlimited access to more than 1 million Boingo WiFi hotspots worldwide, including at airports and train stations.
The Marriott Bonvoy BoundlessTM Credit Card from Chase features a nice welcome offer with generous point values. You have the freedom to redeem your points for free hotel nights or transfer them to many frequent flyer programs. It’s an excellent hotel rewards card for those who frequent Marriott, The Ritz-Carolton, and SPG hotels.
Although it comes with a $95 annual fee, this card is well worth it, as you can get much more value out of your Anniversary Free Night. Depending on when you apply, you may receive a Marriott Rewards Premier Plus credit card. Don’t worry. It still has the same features this one has.
However, this card is subject to Chase’s 5/24 rule. If you’ve opened more than five credit cards (from any bank, not just Chase) in the past 24 months, you probably won’t be approved for this one. For other hotels or cash back options, check out our list of credit card bonuses!
Learn more about this card and its features here.
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit||$360 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|