Update as of 02/07/2018: Northpointe Bank has lowered the Interest Rate on their Ultimate Account from 5% to 1%. The confirmation from CSR stated that this permanent decision will become effective starting March 01, 2018. With this unfortunate change, you would have to provide $1,000 or more in debit card purchases (PIN or signature based) that post or settle during the statement period as well as be enrolled in eStatements.
Available nationwide, Northpointe Bank was offering you an attractive rate offer on their Rewards Checking UltimateAccount. Compared to the previous 5.00% APY, you will now receive a 1.00% APY. However, on the bright side, you can still enjoy full access to great account features such as online banking, mobile banking, bill pay and so much more! If you are still interested in this offer, be sure to continue reading!
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Convenience Checking online and complete required activities. You will earn free online notices and statement with check images, easy person-to-person, and internal/external transfer. Apply Now---TD Bank Convenience Checking Review|
NorthPointe Bank Checking Account Summary:
- Learn More
- Account Type: Ultimate Checking Account
- Interest Rate: 1.00% APY
- Minimum Balance: $0.01
- Maximum Balance: $10,000
- Availability: Nationwide (Bank Locator)
- Expiration Date: None, but changes are effective as of 03/01/2018
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Opening Deposit: $100 minimum
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $100
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Fee: None
- Additional Requirements: Enroll in e-statements and have $1,000 or more in debit card purchases
- Closing Account Fee: $10 if account is closed within 120 days of the date opened
- Insured: FDIC
NorthPointe Bank Bonus Requirements:
- Make $1,000 or more in debit card purchases (PIN or signature based) that post or settle during the statement period.
- Enroll in e-Statements.
- Receive rate once requirements are met
NorthPointe Bank Account Features:
- Free Checking Account
- Earned Interest
- No minimum balance requirement
- 24/7 access to online banking
- Online banking
- Mobile banking
- Free Bill pay
If you are on the market for a new savings experience, then I would most definitely recommend you to check elsewhere. With the decreased rate from Northpointe Bank, there is essentially no point in trying. The previous 5% that the bank was offering was well worth it. However, with the new 1% APY, I would not consider this account by any mean. Additionally, it seems like the rate change will remain permanent. With that said, if you are still interested in a new banking experience, then check out our complete list of best savings rates for all your saving needs!