If you’re looking for a high rate of return on your savings, consider looking into a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit (CD) account. These fixed-rate savings accounts can pay high APYs depending on how much money you invest and how long you’re willing to store your money. CIT Bank offers different CDs with terms from six months to five years. The interest compounds daily, but you’ll pay a hefty fee if you withdraw your money early.
Currently, CIT Bank offers up to a 2.50% APY Rate with their 18-Month CD account. It’s easy to open an account. You just need a minimum deposit of $1,000. If you are interested, I suggest you apply soon to get this great rate.
Find more offers on our list of CIT Bank Bonuses. In addition, you can also check out other great promotions from banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, or BBVA Compass Bank.
Table of Contents
CIT Bank CD Summary
- Direct Link to Offer
- Account Type: CD account
- Current Promotion: 2.50% APY 18 Month CD
- Special APY Rates/Balance requirements:
- APY Rates:
- No-Penalty CD ($1,000 minimum deposit)
- 2.05% – 11 Month CD
- RampUp™ Plus CDs ($25,000 minimum deposit)
- 1.26%- 1 Year CD
- 1.27%- 2 Year CD
- RampUp™ CDs
- 1.20%- 3 Year CD ($25,000 minimum deposit)
- 1.38%- 4 Year CD ($50,000 minimum deposit)
- Jumbo CDs ($100,000 minimum deposit)
- 1.45%- 2 Year CD
- 1.40%- 3 Year CD
- 1.60%- 4 Year CD
- 1.75%- 5 Year CD
- No-Penalty CD ($1,000 minimum deposit)
- Availability: Nationwide
- Soft/Hard Pull: Soft Pull or Hard Pull? Let us know
- Minimum Balance Requirement: $1,000
- Additional Requirements: None
- Early Withdrawal Fee: Yes
- Auto-Renewal: Yes
- CIT Bank will notify you 30 days before the maturity date
- You will have 10 days after the maturity date to cancel the auto-renewal
- Submit your info. You’ll need to provide your address, phone, email and social security number (or other taxpayer ID).
- Fund your account. Minimum of $1,000 to open your account. You can transfer funds with electronic transfer, mail in check, or wire.
- You’re done! CIT Bank will send a confirmation email.
|6-Month Term||0.72% APY|
|1-Year Term||2.50% APY|
|13-Month Term||2.25% APY|
|18-Month Term||2.20% APY|
|2-Year Term||1.40% APY|
|3-Year Term||1.30% APY|
|4-Year Term||1.50% APY|
|5-Year Term||1.70% APY|
CIT Bank CD Account Features
- No monthly fees and low minimum balance requirement of just $1,000
- Some of the highest rates available nationwide
- Daily compounded interest rate and credited monthly
- FDIC insured of up to $250,000
- No account opening or maintenance fees
- Daily compounding interest to maximize your earning potential
- The exceptions to this are the 13-Month CD and the 18-Month CDs:
- Upon maturity, the 18-Month CD will be automatically renewed as a 2-Year Term CD at the then-published APY
- Upon maturity, the 13-Month CD will be automatically renewed as a 1-Year Term CD at the then-published APY
- FDIC insured
CIT Bank offers a range of short term or long term CDs for you to choose from, perfect for anyone looking for a high and competitive APY rate. There are no fees for opening or maintaining a CD from CIT Bank. However, you may pay a fee if you withdraw your funds early.
If you are not interested or looking for more options, be sure to browse our complete list of the Best National CD Rates for all your savings needs! Plus, see our complete list of Bank Bonuses for all your banking necessities!
Check out our most popular Bank Promotions to earn high cash bonuses!
- Huntington 5 Checking Account Review: $200 Bonus
- HSBC Bank Advance Checking Bonus: $350 Promotion
- HSBC Premier Checking Bonus: $750 Promotion
- Chase Premier Plus Checking Review: $300 Bonus Coupon
- Chase Total Checking + Chase Savings Bonus: Earn $350 Bonus
- TD Bank Premier Checking Review: $300 Bonus
- TD Bank Convenience Checking Review: $150 Bonus
- Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking Bonus: Earn $750 Promotion
- Chase Total Business Checking Review: $200 Bonus
- Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking Review: $400 Bonus
- Huntington Bank Community Business Checking Review: $200 Bonus
- Chase College Checking Account Review: Earn $100 Bonus
Disclaimer: Rates / APY terms above are current as of the date indicated. These quotes are from banks, credit unions and thrifts. Bank, thrift and credit union deposits are insured by the FDIC or NCUA. Contact the bank for the terms and conditions that may apply to you. Rates are subject to change without notice and may not be the same at all branches.