Find the latest Huntington 5 Checking bonuses and new promotional offers here. You can earn up to a $200 checking bonus when you sign up and complete the requirements. *Offer is currently unavailable*
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Huntington Bank is the 5th largest bank in the state with over 1,000 locations throughout Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
For more Huntington Checking bonuses, definitely take a look at our list of Huntington Bank checking offers.
Table of Contents
Huntington 5 Checking $200 Bonus
Open your Huntington 5 Checking account today and enjoy a $200 bonus when meeting certain requirements.
- What you’ll get: $200 bonus
- Eligible account: Huntington 5 or Huntington 25 Checking account is eligible for the bonus
- Credit inquiry: Soft pull, which does not affect your credit
- Where it’s available: OH, MI, IN, PA, KY, WV, IL, & WI (Bank Locator)
- How to earn it: Open a new Huntington 5 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening.
- When you’ll receive it: After you have completed all the requirements, Huntington will deposit the bonus in your new account within 90 business days.
- Monthly fee: $5, See below on how to waive
(Expires October 07, 2019)
This Huntington 5 Checking Bonus is really appealing and fairly simple to obtain. If I were to live in one of the qualifying states, I would be quick to open an account to earn this generous bonus offer. If you’re able to maintain an account balance of $5,000 to waive the monthly fee and you live in an eligible state, this $200 bonus should be a piece of cake.
How To Earn The $200 Bonus
- Click Open Online or Open at a Branch from the offer page to claim your unique promo code.
- To qualify for the $200 cash bonus, open a new, qualifying Huntington 5 or Huntington 25 Checking account during the promotional period, and make total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening.
- Account must maintain an open status for at least 90 days before it is eligible for the bonus payment.
- Your $200 bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 14 days of meeting all of the requirements.
- Your checking account must remain in an open status to receive the bonus.
- Earns interest
- 24 Hour grace overdraft relief
- Free ATM Withdrawals
- Waive the monthly fee with a balance greater than $5,000
- Free account benefits: Mobile Banking, paper statements, online statements
- Huntington 5 Service Fee: $5 monthly service fee waived if you have $5,000 in total relationship balances
- This offer is only available to new checking customers.
- All existing Huntington checking customers, including those with any relationship (including fiduciary) to any other Huntington checking account, or those who closed a checking account within the last six months, are not eligible.
- Transfers from another Huntington deposit account do not count as a deposit.
- This offer cannot be used in combination with any other checking offer.
- For tax purposes, you will receive a Form 1099-INT from us for the cash bonus.
- Huntington reserves the right to limit an individual to one account-related gift incentive per rolling 12-month period across all deposit account relationships.
How Do I Apply?
Whether you apply online or in branch, you’ll need to provide the following info to open an account:
- Name, date of birth and residential address
- Contact information
- Employment information
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or state ID
- External bank account number and routing number of funding account
You can open a Huntington 5 Checking account by visiting a branch with your government-issued ID and a way to fund your deposit or by applying online. The only eligibility requirement is that you must be a resident of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania or West Virginia
- Go to Huntington’s website and click Apply.
- Enter your full name and email address. Then, review Huntington’s eligibility questions. Click Continue.
- Enter your ID information, including your ID number, state of issue and date of issue. Next, enter your residential address, date of birth and Social Security number. Click Continue.
- Finally, review your submitted information and make any necessary changes. Review Huntington’s account disclosures, plus terms and conditions.
- To complete the process, you’ll need to fund your account using an externally linked account. Once you’ve submitted your application, your Huntington Debit Mastercard will arrive in seven to 10 business days.
Huntington Bank 24-Hour Relief
Huntington Bank completely understands that sometimes, keeping up with your bank account can prove to be quite a hassle. That ‘s why their 24-Hour Grace® feature is designed to give you more time the next business day to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
With this simple and convenient offer, it allows you to go back in to your Huntington consumer Checking, Savings, or Money Market deposit accounts to make a deposit or transfer in order to bring your account back to positive. Banks will often hit you with an unexpected fee whenever you forget to make a deposit. That is not the case with Huntington Bank.There are no gimmicks, no hidden fees whatsoever. I recommend you call in to your local branch today to find out the details!
Huntington 5 Checking Pros & Cons
- Low maintenance fees – There is a $5 monthly service fee however it can be waived if you have $5,000 in total relationship balances
- 24-hour overdraft grace period – If you overdraw your account, you’ll have a 24-hour penalty-free grace period to bring your account out of the red.
- Huntington relationship rates – Keep at least $300 or more in this account and you’ll pay no fees on a Huntington Premier Savings account.
- $3 ATM fee – Asides from the monthly maintenance fee, be prepared for a $3 surcharge each time you use a third-party ATM provider.
- Limited availability – Huntington accounts are only available to residents of Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
The Huntington 5 checking account is a great checking account for your everyday needs and on top of that you will be able to earn interests on your funds. You will be able to bank with a waivable monthly maintenance but, be sure to note of the ATM Fees as they can add up.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, follow the link above and sign up today to earn your $200 checking bonus .
However, if this is not for you, be sure to check out our complete list of Best Bank Bonuses for all your banking needs! Check back often for all the latest Huntington 5 Checking bonuses and promotions.
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit||$360 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|