Discover Bank is offering residents nationwide the opportunity to earn cash back from your bank. With the Discover Cashback Debit account, you can earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month! This means, you can earn up to $360 cash back with the account each year!
The Discover Cashback Debit account features no monthly fees or monthly balance requirements. In addition, you can earn access to over 60,000 no-fee ATMs across the US.
If you are interested in opening a new banking account, be sure to apply as soon as you can! Also check out our list of Discover Bank Promotions! In addition, you can also check out other great promotions from banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, TD Bank, BBVA Compass Bank or CIT Bank.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$150 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit||$360 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank CD||Up to 3.10% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Money Market||2.00% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank IRA CD||Up to 3.10% APY||Review|
Table of Contents
Discover Cashback Debit Summary
With the Discover Cashback Debit account:
• Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month, which lets you earn up to a total of $360 Debit Card Cashback Bonus per year.
• Anyone can open a Discover Cashback Debit account online
• No monthly fees or monthly balance requirements
• With over 60,000 no-fee ATMs in the U.S., Discover is always nearby.
• Move money easily and securely with just a few clicks or taps (transfers to existing discover accounts are immediate)!
• Manage your account and avoid late fees by paying bills online.
• Deposit checks on the go with your phone or automatically with direct deposit.
Discover Cashback Debit Information
- Direct Link To Offer
- Account Type: Discover Cashback Debit
- Maximum Bonus: $30 Debit Card Cashback Bonus per month (1% cashback on debit card purchases up to $3,000)
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Soft/Hard Pull: Soft Pull
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Monthly Fee: $25; waived by:
- Have an average beginning day balance of $75,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying deposits/investments.
- Additional Requirements: See below
- Early Termination Fee: None listed; If your account is closed, your bonus will be forfeited.
- Head to the Discover Cashback Debit account bonus offer online by clicking the “Open an Account” button.
- Enter your info, such as your physical address, phone, email and social security number (or other taxpayer ID).
- Fund your account, now or later. It’s up to you.
- Done! Discover will send a confirmation email, then watch the mail for your debit card and your checks (if requested).
- Is there a minimum deposit amount to open my account?
- There is no minimum opening deposit required and there is no minimum balance requirement.
- How many Cashback Debit accounts can I have?
- Effective December 1, 2017, you may be an owner, either individual or joint, of only one (1) Cashback Debit Account. Any Cashback Debit accounts you own that were opened prior to December 1, 2017, may remain open, but you will not be able to open any additional Cashback Debit accounts.
- When will I receive my debit card and checks?
- You should receive your checks, if requested, and debit card within ten days after opening your account. Once your debit card is activated, the Personal Identification Number (PIN) for your card can be set up and changed online in the Account Center or over the phone through our automated system at 1-800-347-7000.
- How long do I have to fund my Cashback Debit Account?
- Although there is no minimum deposit required to open a Cashback Debit account, an initial deposit in any amount must be received within 45 days of account opening. If a deposit is not received by day 45, the account will be closed and you would have to complete a new application.
- Is the Cashback Debit Account FDIC-insured?
- Yes, funds on deposit at Discover Bank are FDIC-insured to the maximum allowed by law.
- What is annual First Fee Forgiveness?
- In each calendar year (January 1 through December 31), the first eligible fee charged to each eligible account (which includes Cashback Debit, Money Market and Savings accounts) will be automatically waived and credited to your account. Eligible fees include insufficient funds and stop payment from the Cashback Debit account. Wire transfer fees are not eligible and will not be waived.
Earning Debit Card Cashback Bonus
Customers may earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month. That’s up to $360 each year! Debit Card Cashback Bonus from Discover Cashback Debit accounts that are active and in good standing will never expire.
ATM transactions, the purchase of money orders or other cash equivalents, cash over portions of point-of-sale transactions, Peer-to-Peer (P2P) payments (such as Apple Pay Cash), and loan payments or account funding made with your debit card are not eligible for cash back rewards. In addition, purchases made using third-party payment accounts (services such as Venmo® and PayPal™, who also provide P2P payments) may not be eligible for cash back rewards. Apple, the Apple logo and Apple Pay are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Redeeming Debit Card Cashback Bonus
You can redeem your Debit Card Cashback Bonus via the Account Center by clicking the “Manage” tab on the Checking Details page and viewing the options listed in the “Rewards” section.
Redeem your Debit Card Cashback Bonus earned in the following ways:
- Redeem as cash via a credit to your Discover Cashback Debit, Savings, or Money Market Account(s)
- Enroll in Auto Redemption to Savings and Discover will automatically deposit your Debit Card Cashback Bonus into your selected Discover savings account each month
- Transfer to a Discover Credit Card Cashback Bonus Account
Note: You may only redeem your Debit Card Cashback Bonus if your Checking Account is open with a zero or positive balance.
Depositing & Withdrawing From Your Account
You can fund your Cashback Debit Account in the following ways:
- Online transfer from an external bank account to your Cashback Debit Account
- Through Direct Deposit
- Deposit a check with Discover’s Mobile Check Deposit using your mobile device.
- Mail a check made out to you with your account number on the memo line to:
PO Box 30417
Salt Lake City, UT 84130
You can withdraw money from your Discover Cashback Debit Account in the following ways:
- No-fee cash withdrawals at over 60,000 Allpoint® and MoneyPass® ATMs. Please note that not all ATMs are available 24/7 – hours may vary at each location
- Use online and mobile ATM Locators to find a no-fee ATM near you
- Use your debit card at 415,000 ATMs nationwide, anywhere you see the Discover®, Diners Club® International® or PULSE® logo
- Discover will never charge you a fee to use an ATM; however, the owner of an ATM outside of the Allpoint® and MoneyPass® networks may charge a fee
- Use your debit card to pay for purchases wherever you see the Discover®, PULSE® or Diners Club International® logo
- Choose additional cash over at participating retailers when you use your Discover debit card
- Online transfer to an external bank account
- Use online bill pay
- Write a check
- Request an official bank check
- Wire Transfer (fee applies). For wire transfers within the United States, access the Domestic Wire Transfer Request Form. For wire transfers outside the United States, access the International Wire Transfer Request Form. You can find those forms on their website.
- Anyone is eligible to apply for a Discover Cashback Debit online.
- ATM transactions, the purchase of money orders or other cash equivalents, cash over portions of point-of-sale transactions, Peer-to-Peer (P2P) payments (such as Apple Pay Cash), and loan payments or account funding made with your debit card are not eligible for cash back rewards.
- In addition, purchases made using third-party payment accounts (services such as Venmo® and PayPal™, who also provide P2P payments) may not be eligible for cash back rewards.
- You may only apply for a Discover Cashback Debit account online.
- Once your new account is opened, please be sure to register for online account access within 15 days to avoid closure of your account.
- The Cashback Bonus rewards from your credit card account and your checking account will be maintained separately. However, you will be able to transfer
- Debit Card Cashback Bonus earned with your Discover Cashback Debit to your Discover Credit Card Cashback Bonus Account in any amount.
- Debit Card Cashback Bonus from Discover Cashback Checking accounts that are active and in good standing will never expire.
For those looking for a great checking account, Discover Bank offers its Discover Cashback Debit account! Users can earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases per month, up to $360 cash back per year! Plus, experience no monthly fees or monthly balance requirements and access many no-fee ATMs nationwide!
However, if you are not currently interested in a new banking experience from Discover Bank, find our complete list of Bank Bonuses for all your banking needs!
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|