Huntington Bank is a widely known bank in the Midwest that offers great checking account products and solid business banking products.
Originated in Columbus, Ohio, they now have branches across 8 states and over 1,800 ATMs throughout the Midwest.
Along with their great checking account options such as their Asterisk Free Checking, they also offer great bonuses when you open a qualifying account. Be sure to keep reading to find out if Huntington Bank is right for you.
|Huntington 25 Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
Checking Account Options
Huntington Bank has a variety of different checking accounts to choose from, depending on your needs. Some are completely free, while others offer the ability to earn interest.
Currently, you can earn bonuses when you open an Asterisk Free Checking, Huntington 5 Checking or select business checking accounts.
You can earn the highest interest with this account. Additionally, there is unlimited, no-fee, non-Huntington ATM usage with this account.
Open your Huntington 25 Checking account today and enjoy:
• $300 bonus by making cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. $300 will be deposited in your new account within 14 days of meeting requirements.
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Fee Relief. It is designed to give you more time to make a deposit in order to avoid an Overdraft Fee.
• Earn Interest on Balances.
• Free ATM Withdrawals. They’ll waive all non-Huntington ATM cash withdrawal fees at any ATM and reimburse you for some withdrawal fees charged by another ATM owner.
• Waived Monthly Maintenance Fee
• Credit score and identity monitoring at no added cost
This account is completely free, with no maintenance or monthly fees. If you are new to the banking world and don’t have a lot of funds, then consider opening one of these. However, this account doesn’t earn interest.
If you have a small business with low balances, I recommend checking out this account. You can receive up to 100 monthly transactions and a free 120-day trial of Reverse Positive Pay, a fraudulent detecting service.
You have to open this account with at least $100, but there are monthly minimum balance requirements. To waive the $3 monthly fee, you can you sign up for free e-statements.
• Open your Huntington Business Checking 100 Account today!
• Earn $100 bonus when you open a Huntington Business 100 Checking account and then make a minimum cumulative new money deposit into the new checking account of at least $2,000 within sixty (60) days of account opening.
• The $100 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Overdraft Protection Line of Credit available, or Deposit-to-Deposit Overdraft Protection with no transfer fee.
• Do business without a minimum checking account balance fee or maintenance fee.
• No monthly maintenance fee applies to this account.
• Enjoy up to 100 monthly transactions. And deposit up to $5,000 in cash or currency monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
• Ideal for start-ups and small businesses with lower balances and checking activity.
• Bonus Service Trial. Free 120-day trial of a fraud tool: Reverse Positive Pay.
If you have a businesses with a large sum of money, then this checking account is right for you. You will receive unlimited transactions and a choice of one Bonus Service.
You have to open this account with at least $100. There is a $20 monthly fee, but you can waive it with $10,000 in overall deposit relationship balances.
• Open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking Account
• Earn $400 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $5,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $400 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Get Overdraft Protection Account with no annual fee, or Deposit-to-Deposit Overdraft Protection with no transfer fee.
• Enjoy unlimited transactions. And up to $10,000 in cash or currency deposits monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
• Designed for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
• Bonus service. Choose one bonus service such as fraud tools, discounts on payroll services, or Huntington Deposit Scan®.
Businesses who often make high transactions should check out this account. You will receive unlimited transactions and a choice of 2 Bonus Services.
You can waive the $40 monthly fee with $50,000 in overall deposit relationship balances.
• Open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking Account
• Earn $750 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $20,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $750 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met.
• Enjoy overdraft protection with no annual fee or deposit-to-deposit overdraft protection with no transfer fee!
• Bonus Service. Choose one bonus service such as fraud tools, discounts on payroll services, or Huntington Deposit Scan®
• Ideal for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
Savings Account Options
Huntington Bank has a decent variety of savings accounts, but they don’t earn extremely high interest. However, you can link them to a Huntington checking account to increase your interest.
You can earn general interest rates with this savings account. Additionally, you will need $50 to open this account.
Furthermore, you can waive the $4 monthly fee by having an average balance of $300 or link your savings account to an Asterisk Free Checking account.
This savings account earns slightly higher interest than the Premier Savings one, and it requires a minimum balance of $2,500 in order to open it.
There is a $10 monthly fee, but you can waive it by having an average balance of $2,500. You can also waive the monthly fee by linking this savings account to your o a Huntington 5 Checking account or Huntington 25 Checking account.
Money Market Options
With Money Market accounts, you can earn a higher yield and gain access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard. Huntington Bank has a money market account that earns pretty decent interest.
Huntington Money Market Savings:
- No opening minimum deposit required
- Maintain an average balance of $25,000 in order to waive the $25 monthly fee
- You can also link your Huntington 5 or Huntington 25 checking account to waive the monthly fee.
CD Account Options
Huntington Bank offers many different CDs of varying lengths that earn fairly low interest, however you can link them with a checking account to raise the rates. Check out more information about Huntington CDs here.
This is Huntington Bank’s standard CD, which only has a term of 11 months.
The Fixed Rate CD earns pretty low interest and has terms varying from 1 month to 72 months.
However, the interest rate does increase as the term becomes longer.
The Jumbo CD isn’t remarkably different from a regular fixed rate CD, but it does earn a bit higher interest and have a longer range of terms.
These terms range from 7 days to 5 years.
Reasons to Bank With Huntington Bank
- Their only free checking account is completely free of everything–no opening minimum deposit, no monthly balance fees nor minimum balance requirements.
- They have a 24-hour overdraft grace period so you have a whole day to fix your account before being charged an overdraft fee.
- You can sign up for Free Overdraft Protection transfers when you link your Huntington savings or money market account.
- Do your banking easily with Huntington’s mobile app.
- Receive email and text alerts through Huntington regarding your account statements.
- You have until midnight to make deposits throughout the day at a participating ATM or through the app.
- You can open a Relationship Savings or Relationship Money Market account to get service fees waived when you link it to either a Huntington 5 or Huntington 25 Checking account.
- Huntington Bank is FDIC insured up to $250,000.
Reasons Not to Bank With Huntington Bank
- Huntington Bank is only located in the Midwest with locations only in Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, West Virginia, & Pennsylvania.
- They don’t offer online banking, so it would be an inconvenience to those who don’t live near a physical branch.
- They have high minimum balances for their checking accounts and interest bearing accounts in general.
- Their Free Checking account doesn’t earn any interest.
- You need a minimum balance of $25,000 in your Huntington Bank Relationship Money Market if you want to earn higher interest rates.
- The only way to increase the rates is linking it to a Huntington Bank 5 or Huntington 25 Checking account.
Huntington Bank Information
The routing number for Huntington Bank is 044000024. You can find your routing number on the lower left corner of your Huntington Bank check.
Huntington Bank’s customer service is 1 (800)-480-2265.
If you have a branch near you and would like to invest in a bank that has flexible options and earn bonuses regularly, then I recommend checking out Huntington Bank. With a variety of different checking account options, including free and earning interest, you can be sure to find one that fits your needs.