Available to residents nationwide, Northern Bank Direct is offering those who took advantage of the promotional rate in June 2018 a chance to increase their rate to an attractive 2.50% APY. Simply provide a balance of $5,000 to get started!
However, if you do not have an account and did not take advantage of the promotion last summer, you can still open a new Money Market Account and receive a generous 1.51% APY. Not only are you able to earn the attractive rate, but with an average daily balance up to $250,000, you can now earn more without having any worries!
With an account from Northern Bank Direct, you have access to features such as online and mobile banking, no monthly service charges, and so much more! For those who are interested, be sure to apply as soon as you can, as the rate is subject to change! In addition, you can also check out other great promotions from banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, BBVA Compass Bank or CIT Bank.
Table of Contents
Northern Bank Direct Account Summary
- Direct Link to Offer
- Account Type: Money Market Account
- 2.50% APY (Promotional rate to current customers who had a MMA account since June of 2018)
- 1.51% APY (Public rate available nationwide)
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Soft/Hard Pull: Soft Pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Unknown
- Additional Requirements: Promotional Money Market offer for a limited time only for new accounts opened June 8, 2018 and after, which is subject to change at any time.
- Avoid Monthly Fee: None
- Early Termination Fee: None
Northern Bank Direct 2.50% APY Steps
- Open a Money Market Account with a minimum opening deposit of $5,000
- 2.50% rate applicable to account balances up to $250,000
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|$0.01 – $250,000||2.50% APY Promotional Rate|
|$0.01 – $250,000||1.51% APY|
Northern Bank Direct Fine Print
- Minimum of $5,000 to open
- Money Market average daily balances between $250,000.01 and $1,000,000.00 earn an interest rate of 0.75% resulting in a blended APY between 1.51% and 0.94%. Money Market average daily balances greater than $1,000,000.00 earn an interest rate of 0.01%, resulting in a blended APY between 0.94% (for average daily balances just over $1,000,000.00) and 0.20% (for an average daily deposit balance of $5,000,000.00).
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective as of 7/3/18
At the end of the day, the current rate from Northern Bank Direct is a great option for those who would like to earn a generous rate rather than your typical bonus. For those who are interested, simply apply for a new MMA account and meet the deposit requirement. Once you have done so, you will be able to enjoy both the great rate as well as a host of features to better your online banking experience.
Additionally, you will be able to benefit from the best customer service the bank has to offer. How amazing is that? However, if you are not currently interested, be sure to check out our list of best savings rates for all your saving needs!
See our favorite Bank Rates to earn high interest!
- American Express® High-Yield Savings Account
- Discover Bank Online Savings Bonus
- HSBC Direct Savings Account
- CIT Bank Money Market Account Bonus
- Barclays Online Savings Account
- Synchrony Bank High Yield Savings Account
|With the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card:
-Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months
-Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases
-Enjoy 1.8% cash rewards on qualified mobile wallet purchases, like Apple Pay® or Google PayTM, during the first 12 months from account opening
-No category restrictions or sign ups and cash rewards don't expire as long as your account remains open
-Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
-0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
-$0 Annual Fee
-Select "Apply Now" to learn more about the product features, terms, and conditions