Available for residents nationwide, Citizens Access offers an Online Savings Account with 2.35% APY.
Keep reading below to learn everything you need to know about Citizens Access.
Table of Contents
Citizens Access Online Savings Review
Citizens Access is an online-only banking platform that made its debut in May of 2018. The new online banking platform is the latest venture of Rhode Island-based Citizens Financial Group, Inc.
I’ll review Citizens Access Online Savings below.
Citizens Access Online Savings Rate
To earn the Citizens Access competitive rate, simply complete all the requirements. That’s all it takes and you’ll get to enjoy earning the competitive rate.
- What you’ll get: 2.35% APY
- Eligible account: Online Savings
- Credit inquiry: Unknown
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- Opening Deposit: $5,000 minimum
- Monthly fee: None
- Early Termination Fee: None listed, check with CSR
Citizens Access offers a great online savings account with monthly fees. Now, there is a $5,000 minimum opening deposit which is higher than the norm in comparison to other savings accounts. You’ll also need to maintain the $5,000 minimum balance to earn the higher tiered APY, otherwise, you’ll earn the lower tier rate if your balance is below.
With this account, there are no overdraft fees. However, if you do happen to overdraw funds from this account, you will be responsible for covering the entirely amount of any overdraft.
|SoFi Checking and Savings Account||$300 Cash + 2.50% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash + 2.15% APY||Review|
|Axos Bank Business Savings||$200 Cash + 0.20% APY||Review|
|UFB Elite Savings||3.01% APY||Review|
|UFB Elite Money Market Account||3.01% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||Amazon Prime + 1.55% APY||Review|
|Ponce Bank Money Market||3.00% APY||Review|
|American First Credit Union Money Market||2.85% APY||Review|
|Axiom Bank High Yield Savings||2.75% APY||Review|
|mph.bank Money Market||2.75% APY||Review|
|SkyOne Federal Credit Union Money Market||2.75% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Connect||2.70% APY||Review|
|Liberty Savings Bank High Yield Savings||2.50% APY||Review|
|State Exchange Bank High-Yield Savings||2.35% APY||Review|
|Patriot Bank Money Market||2.25% APY||Review|
|Quontic Bank High Yield Savings||2.15% APY||Review|
|Citizens Access Online Savings||2.10% APY||Review|
|Quontic Bank Money Market||2.00% APY||Review|
|Marcus by Goldman Sachs Online Savings||1.70% APY||Review|
Citizens Access Online Savings Rates
- Open the link above and press “open account”.
- Input your info – Provide your name, address, phone, email and social security number or Tax ID
- Fund the account – Transfer funds electronically from an internal account here or an external account at another bank
- The minimum opening deposit is $5,000.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
Citizens Access Features
- Great rates, no promotions or teasers
- No fees, for anything
- $5,000 minimum deposit
- FDIC-insured deposits
How To Fund Account
You’re able to fund your account in two easy options:
- Online funds transfer. Using the routing number and account number of your checking or savings account at another US financial institution, you can link that external account to Citizens Access® and then make an online transfer into your Citizens Access® account.
- Deposit a check. Ensure the check is made payable to you from another US financial institution (no foreign checks, please). Endorse the back of the check with your signature, your Citizens Access® account number and “For Deposit Only to Citizens” on the endorsement line. You can deposit your check by signing into your account from your phone and selecting “Deposit a Check” from the “Move Money” menu and following the prompts. Alternatively, you can mail your check to us at the following address:
- Citizens Access
PO Box 6801
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6801
- Citizens Access
Is Citizens Access FDIC Insured?
Yes you are covered. Their accounts are FDIC insured up to the maximum amount allowable by law.
Sometimes, taking the trip to go to the bank just isn’t convenient. Well now, you can handle it all online with Citizens Access. With a sea of bank rates, finding one that’s perfect for you isn’t as easy as it seems. However, with Citizens Access, you can find the perfect rate for you at your own convenience.
With a new account, you can earn a generous rate just for meeting its deposit requirement. Additionally, with access to a range of account features, banking has never been easier. However, if you’re not interested in this offer check out our Best Bank Rates for savings accounts and more!
In addition to the rate from Citizens Access, check out our list of best rates Savings, Money Market, and CD accounts.
If you are interested in expanding your financial future, definitely use our bank bonuses page to find other offers. Some popular bank offers include Chase Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, HSBC Bank, and many more.