For residents nationwide, HSBC Bank offers a competitive savings account. Members can earn up to a 2.05% APY Rate when opening a new HSBC Direct Savings account. It only takes a minimum of $1 to start earning the APY rate.
Once you have done so, you’ll receive the competitive APY rate as well as a wide range of account features to compliment your online banking experience. These include 24/7 online account access, HSBC Mobile Banking, and online transfers. In addition, HSBC is a member of FDIC, so your money is insured up to $250,000. If you’re interested, keep reading to find out more!
Table of Contents
HSBC Direct Savings Account Summary
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
|With the HSBC Direct Savings Account:
-Earn 2.05% APY on all balance tiers
-No monthly maintenance fee
-Minimum balance to earn APY is $1
-Apply online today
-Move money quickly and access your funds using online transfers
-Depositing checks is as simple as taking a picture with your mobile device using HSBC Mobile Banking
-Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
HSBC Direct Savings Account Information
- Apply Now
- Account Type: HSBC Direct Savings
- Rate: 2.05% APY
- Minimum Balance: $1
- Maximum Balance: $2,000,000
- Availability: Nationwide (Online Only)
- Expiration Date: None
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Additional Requirements: See below
- Avoid Monthly Fee: No monthly fee
- Early Termination Fee: None listed
How To Open Account
- Open a Direct Savings Account with HSBC.
- Input your info.
- Provide your name, address, phone, email and social security number or Tax ID.
- Maintain a balance of $1 to earn the APY Rate.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|$1 or more||2.05% APY|
*Deposit products offered in U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
- HSBC Direct Savings can only be opened online.
- ATM/Debit card is not available for this product.
What You Need To Apply
- You must be 18 years of age and have a Social Security Number
- Current U.S. residential address and a U.S. residential address for the past three years
- Valid U.S. ID (driver’s license, non-driver identification card, learner permit), passport or Permanent Residential Card/Green Card
- Account information for funding your new account
Interested in keeping a savings account? Earn the outstanding APY rate when you open a new HSBC Direct Savings Account. Just maintain a balance of $1 in your account to earn the competitive APY rate. It’s that simple. Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. HSBC is a member of FDIC, so your money is insured up to $250,000, giving you peace of mind.
Disclaimer: Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC. The information, including rates and fees, presented in the review is accurate as of the date of the review. Please refer to issuer website and application for the most current information. We may be paid for the content on this site.