For residents nationwide, HSBC Bank offers a competitive savings account. Members can earn up to a 2.22% APY Rate when opening a new HSBC Direct Savings account. It only takes a minimum of $1 to start earning the APY rate.
Once you have done so, you’ll receive the competitive APY rate as well as a wide range of account features to compliment your online banking experience. These include 24/7 online account access, HSBC Mobile Banking, and online transfers. In addition, HSBC is a member of FDIC, so your money is insured up to $250,000. Find out more about this account below.
Table of Contents
HSBC Direct Savings Summary
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
|With the HSBC Direct Savings Account:
-Earn 2.22% APY on all balance tiers
-No monthly maintenance fee
-Minimum balance to earn APY is $1
-Apply online today
-Move money quickly and access your funds using online transfers
-Depositing checks is as simple as taking a picture with your mobile device using HSBC Mobile Banking
-Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
HSBC Direct Savings Account Information
- Direct Link to Offer
- Account Type: HSBC Direct Savings
- Availability: Nationwide (Online Only)
- Expiration Date: None
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Avoid Monthly Fee: No monthly fee
- Early Termination Fee: $25
- Click “Get Started” to open a Direct Savings account with HSBC.
- Input your info.
- Provide your name, address, phone, email and social security number or Tax ID.
- Maintain a balance of $1 to earn the APY Rate.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|$1 or more||2.22% APY|
*Deposit products offered in U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
HSBC Direct Savings Features
- 24/7 online account access including Live Chat assistance
- Deposit checks with your mobile device using HSBC Mobile Banking App
- Move money quickly and access your funds using online transfers (Federal Reserve Regulation D Transaction Limitations apply)
- Use Our Money Management Tools to organize your finances, set up savings goals, and stick to your budget
- FDIC insured
- HSBC Direct Savings account can only be opened online
- ATM/Debit card is not available for this product
- APYs are variable and subject to change after opening
- Charges and fees may reduce earnings
- Account is not available to business customers
What You Need To Apply
- You must be 18 years of age and have a Social Security Number
- Current U.S. residential address and a U.S. residential address for the past three years
- Valid U.S. ID (driver’s license, non-driver identification card, learner permit), passport or Permanent Residential Card/Green Card
- Account information for funding your new account
Interested in keeping a savings account? Earn the outstanding APY rate when you open a new HSBC Direct Savings account. Just maintain a balance of at least $1 in your account to earn the competitive APY rate. It’s that simple.
Disclaimer: Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC. The information, including rates and fees, presented in the review is accurate as of the date of the review. Please refer to issuer website and application for the most current information. We may be paid for the content on this site.
Check out our most popular Bank Promotions to earn high cash bonuses!
- Huntington 5 Checking Account Review: $200 Bonus
- HSBC Bank Advance Checking Bonus: $350 Promotion
- HSBC Premier Checking Bonus: $750 Promotion
- Chase Premier Plus Checking Review: $300 Bonus Coupon
- Chase Total Checking + Chase Savings Bonus: Earn $350 Bonus
- TD Bank Premier Checking Review: $300 Bonus
- TD Bank Convenience Checking Review: $150 Bonus
- Huntington Bank Accelerated Business Checking Bonus: Earn $750 Promotion
- Chase Total Business Checking Review: $200 Bonus
- Huntington Bank Fast Track Business Checking Review: $400 Bonus
- Huntington Bank Community Business Checking Review: $200 Bonus
- Chase College Checking Account Review: Earn $100 Bonus