The following offer is from our partner American Express. The opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Available nationwide, the American Express® High Yield Savings Account is offering a 0.60% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) Rate as of 4/28/22.
With no minimum deposit required and no fees to open or maintain a High-Yield Savings account, it’s easy to maximize your savings with American Express. Your money is also FDIC insured, up to $250,000, so you can save with confidence.
Open an account today to start saving! In addition, you can check out other great promotions from banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, BBVA Compass Bank or CIT Bank.
Table of Contents
American Express High-Yield Savings Summary
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.60% APY as of 4/28/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
American Express High-Yield Savings Account Info
- Direct Link to Offer
- Account Type: High-Yield Savings Account
- Rate: 0.60% APY
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Additional Requirements: None
- Monthly Fee: None
- Early Termination Fee: None
How To Earn A High-Yield Savings Rate
- Gather Your Information
- For both primary and joint applicants include your:
- Social Security Number
- Email Address
- Home Address
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Account and Routing numbers (primary applicant only)
- Submit Application
- Choose the High Yield Savings account to open, and apply online or by phone at 1-800-446-6307 anytime.
- Receive Confirmation
- Get an online and/or email confirmation when your application is approved. Additionally, you will receive an American Express® High Yield Savings Account Welcome Kit in the mail.
- Fund Your Account
- Fund your account online either by linking your current bank account or by mailing a check. Start earning interest on the business day American Express receives your deposit.
Online Savings Account Features
- Simple and quick application process
- No minimum balance requirement
- Earn interest daily
- Access your account online or by phone 24/7
- No maintenance fees
- Can link to three bank accounts
- Total maximum balance is $5,000,000
- Set up automatic transfers to/from external accounts
- Set direct deposit schedules
- FDIC insured
How To Waive Monthly Fees
- High-Yield Savings: No monthly service fees.
You can make up to 6 withdrawals during any monthly statement cycle. American Express may refuse any withdrawal request that exceeds this amount or for an amount greater than withdrawal limitations.
Savings account offers are frequently updated. Find the best nationwide Savings/Money Market rates here, and the best Savings account bonuses here. The UFB High Yield Savings and CIT Bank Savings Builder accounts offer great rates available nationwide. The Aspiration account has a nice sign-up bonus plus great rate.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash + 0.60% APY||Review|
|Aspiration||1.00% APY + $100 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank High-Yield Savings||Up to 0.61% APY||Review|
|Quontic Bank High Yield Savings||0.75% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.70% APY + Amazon Prime Offer||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.60% APY as of 4/28/22||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||0.55% APY||Review|
Sign up with American Express to enjoy earning a high APY Rate with their High-Yield Savings Account. This is a great account for those who need to get started on building their savings.
There are no minimum or monthly balances or fees with this account. I recommend signing up today so you can start maximizing your savings!
Be sure to visit our list of American Express Credit Cards for fanatic credit cards with outstanding perks & benefits!
(Visit American Express to Learn More)